Homemade Spicy Curry Seasoning Blend recipe updated October 9, 2017
I first discovered this beautiful little Homemade Spicy Curry Seasoning Blend when I made my Grilled Halibut with Corn-Coconut Curry Sauce and Cherry Tomatoes recipe. My husband and I instantly fell in love with it! It’s a unique homemade spicy curry seasoning that has been really versatile in my kitchen. We keep it on hand to season roasted, broiled and grilled meats and vegetables, and it’s one of the main ingredients in my Sweet Potato, Apple and Corn Coconut-Curry Chowder. (If you haven’t tried this hearty and fabulously flavorful chowder yet, I highly recommend giving it a try — it’s absolutely wonderful!)
This Homemade Spicy Curry Seasoning Blend includes wonderfully warm ingredients that will add bright, rich flavors to whatever you use it with. There’s a bit of a kick to this seasoning, but it’s definitely not “too spicy.” Feel free to tailor the amount of spice to your preferences.
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon* curry powder (see Cook's Notes below)
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- *Measure each of the spices into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Keep in a covered spice jar and away from direct sunlight, just like you would the individual ingredients.
*Adapted from a recipe by Bobby Flay on Food Network.
Homemade Spicy Curry Seasoning Blend recipe
If you’ve made this recipe, I’d love to know how you used it!
Make sure to hashtag #baconfatte or tag @baconfatte in your social media posts!